Friday, February 4, 2011

Get r done

Please pardon my corn, but I've got to share this with you: I love sappy, motivational, bring tears to your eyes, rev up your engines, make you believe you can do anything you wanna do, music.  In fact, I have a whole playlist called "GSD" wherein I listen to nothing but inspirational tunes.  These songs are for my GSD days.  My "Get Schtuff Done."

It's really helpful.  The moment the baby goes down for a nap, I put on my sneakers, lace em up, put on my earbuds and turn to the GSD playlist.  

Some examples of what I keep on my GSD list:
{NO JUDGING!  I directly mean this in correlation to having a Miley Cyrus song...}

Bad Romance: Lady Gaga
Stronger by Kanye West
Stronger by Brit Brit
See you again by Miley Cyrus
Fighter by Christina Aguilera
Everybody Dance Now by CC Music Factory
In my Head by Jason Derulo
Tik Tok & We r who we r by Kesha
Yeah by Usher
Survivor, Bootylicious by Destiny's Child
You're gonna go far Kid by The Offspring
Crazy in Love by Beyonce

And, like, four hundred more or so.  

But I have to tell you...there is ONE song that no matter where I am or what I'm doing, when I hear it, I stop and my chest swells up and my chin points north and I feel all crazy inspired and resolve and ABLE and powerful and excited, and if you've ever watched the biggest loser, you know what song I mean...


I share this, because I need all the help I can get.  This song genuinely helps me to get on with it, to attack my goals with purpose, and to know that I can make myself feel good.  God gave us amazing power to choose good...choose right...choose the best.  I want to honor that gift of choice and make He AND I proud.







No comments:

Post a Comment