Friday, January 28, 2011

excuses, excuses.

It's really cold outside.

I'm not a big fan of cold weather. I hate shivering and being numb and having my nose run and wishing I was laying under an electric blanket with thermal underwear on. Being outside, as you can imagine, just isn't on my list of things to do these days. Especially when hitting freezing means it's a balmy day in Michigan.

Thusly, my time spent out walking or strolling the baby, or anything outside has been minimal. Or, let's just say non-existent. Also, I don't have a gym membership. I own ONE video. It's Tae Bo and I don't know where it is.

I don't like exercising too much. I don't hate it, I just don't love it. I like dancing. I like kick boxing. I like being silly and flapping my body all about to get my little girl to giggle, but a walk around the block is about as exciting as getting a flu shot. So, what's a lazy girl to do?

I'm pretty sure I need something fun. I tried Zumba once, and I liked it. I still like Tae Bo. I think maybe I need to invest in some DVD's. BUT, I don't want to buy them only to find I don't like the DVD's. Anyone out there in the interwebs have some Zumba DVD's I can try out?

At any rate, I've been making a lot of excuses about why I can't exercise. I have to get up earlier than my baby, and wow, that's too early...mama needs her beauty rest. Or, I can't afford a gym membership. Or, sweating sucks. Or, my ipod needs charging. The list goes on.

I'm pretty confident that had I been exercising during the month of January, instead of shedding 10 pounds, I would have lost maybe 12-15.

So, I need to get with the program. Hi, my name is Lacy. I'm slacking.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, exercising is hard to get motivated for. I even have a gym membership and haven't been since the summer...unless you count the trip to get a new pass because I lost mine...No? I didn't think so. But, I'll definitely be there to cheer you on, girl!

    ReplyDelete